Becoming a self-employed driver, rider or courier is increasing hugely internationally as e-commerce rises.
A huge benefit of becoming a self-employed delivery driver is the ability to choose your own workload. You can arrange your career around others aspects of your life. Many people shudder at the thought of being stuck indoors surrounded by the same walls all day, everyday. Driving, cycling or riding a motorbike allows individuals to see more of the world every day.
If you’re thinking about becoming a delivery driver or courier you will need to know what is involved before taking the leap.
What qualifications do I need?
There are no specific qualifications necessary to become a self-employed driver. Many companies will ensure you have a clean driving licence before giving you work. However, apart from this, there is no specific qualifications necessary.
How can I maximize my money?
You should have a good understanding of the roads. Sat Nav and GPS apps are great, but your own knowledge of the roads and traffic times can help you deliver goods faster. The more you know about the a specific route, the more easily you will get around, meaning you will be able to do more jobs per day. So, if you tend to stay in the same 10 kilometer radius when delivering, we recommend you take some time out to learn that area. Faster routes means you are more fuel efficient, which will also save you money.
What commitments are involved?
It’s very important to protect yourself when you are self-employed. If you do not know much about book keeping, you should always ask for help from someone who does understand. This could be an accountant, relative or friend. It is important you are tax compliant, so ensure you do your research and pay your taxes correctly.
Do I need people skills?
Driving can be quite solitary, but it doesn’t hurt to be good at small talk. It is a never a bad thing to build relationships with companies you are delivering for. You will be coming into contact with different customers often. It never hurts to be polite and kind and it’s always gratifying to see someone smile. So although you may spend a lot of time alone, you should make the most of the time you do have dealing with people. It’s not essential, but it can help!
What do I need to become a delivery driver?
You will need to decide what equipment you will need to become a driver. Always ensure you work out an average of your outgoings against your incomings. If you are riding or driving you will need to look at your tax, insurance, fuel and the costs of ensuring your vehicle is looked after and maintained regularly. Write down exactly what you will need and what you expect to earn and go from there.
Do I need a special type of insurance?
Yes, a typical insurance policy will not cover you while working. Make sure you speak to your insurance company and work out a solution to ensure you are covered while working. This is essential.
If you love being out and about and flexibility is important to you, then do what you love. Just make sure you take the correct steps and do your research about becoming a self-employed driver.
So, you’re looking for something to be delivered same day with WeBringg. Booking a delivery with WeBringg is the fastest and efficient way to book a delivery job. Our booking portal is simple to use and we make it as simple as possible because we understand your time is valuable.
First, you will need to visit www.webringg.com and select the tab on the top right hand side ‘Book a Delivery’.
You will be taken to our region page, you will need to select the region you are in;
Once you have selected the region, you will need to sign on with your login details. If you have not signed up you can create your account HERE. If you do have your account simply sign in by clicking HERE. Once you have them steps complete you can start to book a delivery.
Booking a Pickup Location For WeBringg Delivery
- In the section marked, ‘Order Description’ you will need to input what you are delivering to your customer. If there are any special requests you can make note of these here.#
- In the section marked ‘Pick-Up’ you will need to enter your name, your email address and your telephone number.
- In the section marked ‘Pick-up before’ you will need to enter the time you wish for the package to be picked up by your WeBringg driver. *We recommend you give an hour or so prior to the pick-up to allow time for a driver to be assigned and traffic on the roads etc.
- In the tab under ‘Custom Location’ please enter the address you wish the package to picked up at. This will bring up a map showing your location.
- You may upload a reference image in the tab marked ‘Reference Image’ if you wish to.
**Please note you can add your business address under the ‘favourite location’ tab on the left hand side so you do not need to re-enter your information each time.
Booking a Delivery Location for WeBringg Delivery
- Please tick the box marked delivery and enter the details as to where you would like the package to be delivered.
- Enter your customer’s name and telephone number.
- In the tab marked ‘Delivery address’ enter your customer’s address. This will show a map between both the pickup and delivery.
- Enter the time in which you want the package to be delivered. This should be 90 minutes after the pickup time.
- You may upload a reference image if you wish.
- You will need to select the vehicle type which your package should be delivered. For car deliveries a max of 25kg applies with a size of 1m3. Vans can carry large loads but items must not weight more than 25kgs each.
- Once you have selected the vehicle type, our system will generate the estimated cost.
Now all you have to do is press ‘Place Order’ and a delivery driver will be with you at the requested time! We told you it was simple.
So, you have decided to become a WeBringg delivery driver and set your own hours and get involved with a fun and growing network and earn some extra cash. Where do you start?
The first step to becoming a WeBringg driver is the application process. At WeBringg, we have ensured this process is as straightforward as possible, there are no tedious questions and it should only take you a very small amount of time.
On this page, you will need to fill in some minimal details, it should take you no longer than a minute or two.
Once you have entered your details click on the blue button marked, ‘sign me up’. You will receive a message that your application was successful.
If your details match our criteria you will receive an email invitation to our shortlist account, here you will have to complete the following steps;
- In the tab on the left hand side of the pay you will see the word ‘onboarding’, here you will need to watch our training videos and complete a questionnaire.
- Once you have completed this you will need to fill in your telephone number and address.
- You will also need to upload the requested documents in this section.
We encourage you to download our smartphone application prior to your onboarding session, this can be found in your App Store application on android or iPhone by searching ‘WeBringg Driver’.
You will receive an email with login details to our rostering site, planday.
Here you can fill in what dates and times you are available to work and see your planned schedule and shifts.
You will then receive your login details and driver ID for our WeBringg Driver app. If you have any queries relating to the app you can watch our video in which we go through in detail how to start and finish deliveries in this video.
You will be contacted by our team or driver manager with information as to what clothes and bags you will need to wear. It is essential that you wear the gear provided when you are at work as a delivery driver.
As A Delviery Driver you will be paid every Thursday or Friday for the week prior, depending on which bank you are with. The money will be transferred directly to your bank account. As you are self-employed, it is up to you to ensure you pay the correct taxes in Ireland or abroad.
* If you are a student studying in Ireland working under a Stamp 2 we will issue you with a payslip each week and delegate the correct taxes.
If you have any queries, you can always contact the WeBringg office or your driver manager.
You are now ready to start delivering, work the hours you set and start earning some cash.
Go, go, go!